If you want to study in Japa read this. Because in this post, we will explain what MEXT Scholarship 2023 is, its benefits and step-by-step application procedure.
The MEXT Scholarship 2023-2024 is a fully funded scholarship for international students. The MEXT Scholarship will cover tuition fees, accommodation, monthly living allowance and round-trip airfare from your home country to Japan.Japan’s Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT) offers scholarships to international students as undergraduate or research (Masters/PhD) students at Japanese universities under the Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarships Program. Want to study.
This is a scholarship recommended by Maxt Embassy. You will apply through the Japanese embassy in your country. (All embassies links are given below).
Summary of MEXT Scholarship
Level of Study: Undergraduate/Masters/PhD/Training
Institutions: Japanese universities
Study in: Japan
Courses offered: All types of courses offered at all Japanese universities, from social science to engineering, medical to health, arts, humanities, etc. There is no restriction on academic fields.
Program Duration: Undergraduate: 4-5 years, Masters: 2-3 years, PhD: 3-4 years
MEXT Scholarship Deadline: Varies from Embassy to Embassy (Click here to check deadlines)
MEXT Scholarship Coverage
Allowances: Monthly Stipend Allowance, Preparation Allowance (2023 Rate)
Academic Fees: Entrance exam fees, tuition fees in universities will be paid by MEXT.
Travel Expenses: Transportation to Japan: MEXT will cover the travel expenses of your round-trip fare from your country to Japan.
Accommodation: Halls of residence for international students provided by universities.
Please also check.
- University of Sheffield Scholarships 2023 in UK
- McGill University Fully Funded Scholarships in Canada 2023
- Scholarships in Poland Fully Funded 2023
Eligibility Criteria for MEXT Scholarship 2023
To qualify for the MEXT Scholarship, a candidate must meet all of the following requirements below:
Required Language: English
Eligible Countries: All countries of the world
Applicants must have the nationality of a country that has diplomatic relations with Japan.
Applicants holding Japanese citizenship at the time of application are not eligible.
For undergraduate students: You must be at least 17 and under 25 years of age and have completed 12 years of schooling or completed courses at a high school equivalent school (including potential graduates Is)
For Masters / PhD students: You must be under 35 years of age and a college graduate (includes potential graduates). Or you have completed 16/18 years of education.
For Teacher Training Students: You must be under 35 years of age and a graduate of a college or teacher training college. You must have at least five years of active experience as a teacher in a primary, secondary or teacher training college in your home country.
For Japanese Studies Students: Applicants must be between 18 and 30 years old. Applicants must be enrolled as undergraduate students in faculties or schools majoring in Japanese language or Japanese culture at a university outside Japan when they come to Japan and when they return to their home countries. Must be enrolled in home institution. .
Also apply for:
How to Apply for MEXT Scholarship 2023?
To apply for the MEXT Scholarship please follow the application instructions below:
Find your country’s Japanese embassy or consulate here.
Visit the website of your country’s Japanese embassy. Under the Education / Scholarship tab, you will find the MEXT Scholarship.
Download and fill the MEXT Scholarship Application Form.
Submit the required documents (list below) to the Japanese embassy in your country.
The written test will be conducted by the Japanese Embassy. Find Sample Written Test with Answers here.
After that candidates will be interviewed.
Successful candidates will be notified via email or the embassy’s website.
Documents Required for MEXT Scholarship 2023
(1) MEXT Scholarship Application Form
(2) Highest degree certified with official stamps.
Bachelors program applicants: 12 years of education
Master’s program applicants: Bachelor’s degree
PhD program applicants: Master’s degree
Note: If the degree is not in English, a notarized copy of the English translation is required.
(3) Highest transcript certified with official stamps. (including grading system)
Bachelor program applicable
4) Two letters of recommendation: The letters of recommendation must be written by the applicant’s teachers/advisors/employers (who are able to evaluate your academic performance and research potential) either in English. (for research students)
(5) Passport should scan
(6) Curriculum Vitae (CV) (for research students)
(8) Study Plan / Statement of Intent. The study plan is written in English. Core content must include application motivation, education/research background and prospective study at APU. (for research students)
(9) English Language Proficiency Document: Students whose language institute was in English can submit an English Proficiency Certificate from their home university and are exempted from the language test.
(10) Academic work or relevant publications (for research students)
(11) Other reference documents (if any)
To know more about MEXT Scholarship 2023, please visit the official website