Start your study journey in Japan. Good news! The Honjo International Scholarship Foundation Scholarships are currently open. In this article we will explain more about the Honjo International Scholarship Foundation Award, its benefits and the step-by-step application process.
The Honjo International Scholarship Foundation offers full-time scholarships for international students in the 2022-2023 session. This scholarship is awarded to masters and PhD students. The Honjo Scholarship provides monthly scholarships, accommodation expenses and travel expenses to attend an international conference.
The Honjo International Scholarship Foundation was established to provide scholarships to bright students who find it difficult to study under various conditions in developing countries and to those Japanese students studying abroad, to help them learn advanced technology and develop their good intentions and work as a bridge. connecting Japan and the rest of the world with a common culture and friendship.
Summary of Scholarship
Level of Study: Masters, PhD
Institutions: Honjo International Scholarship Foundation
Read in: Japan
Opportunity Focus Areas: There is no limit to the field of research.
Program Period: From 1 to 5 years.
Deadline: April 30, 2022 / October 31, 2022
The Honjo International Scholarship Foundation Scholarships provide the recipient with the following benefits:
- ¥ 200,000 every month for 1 or 2 years.
- ¥ 180,000 every month for 3 years.
- ¥ 150,000 every month for 4 or 5 years.
- Travel expenses to attend international conference, etc.
Eligibility Criteria Honjo International Scholarship Foundation Scholarships
To qualify for the Honjo International Scholarship Foundation Scholarships, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Required Language: English and Japanese
- Eligible Countries: All countries of the world. A student without Japanese nationality
- In fact, a student enrolled in a graduate school is not eligible to apply. However, a student who can submit a research program is eligible to apply.
- To qualify, a student applying for a PhD program must have been born after August 31, 1984. A student applying for a masters degree must have been born after August 31, 1989.
- The student should have a strong desire to serve in his home country after graduation. This does not mean that you are already guaranteed a job or that you are returning home immediately after graduating from university.
The student should have a deep understanding of international friendships and interests, and should attend fundamental events and participate in the network as an alumni member.
- The student should be able to conduct a daily conversation in Japanese. The interviews will be conducted in Japanese. (no exception)
For more information, download Guidelines from Here.
How do you apply for the Honjo International Scholarship Foundation Awards?
Please follow the following important steps to obtain a Foreign Student Scholarship:
(1) Enter the “web application system”. Complete the application form and upload the following required documents.
- Educational transcripts:
- i) from undergraduate university courses where you graduated AND ii) any other studies you are currently doing or taking in the past. If you have graduated from university, a quote from a former school is required. All applicants must provide at least an i) course text from the undergraduate course. Copies are accepted.
Application request form, resume and personal information form (1 set of 3 pages); be sure to attach your photo to the application form. Download the forms provided on the website. Complete in Japanese by typing or handwriting.
- Research program: In Japanese, describe the focus on following four points; i) the framework of your research; ii) the proposed schedule between current and graduation; iii) future plans and objectives; iv) research done in the past (if any). 2 ~ 4 pages are selected. Typed or handwritten text is available.
One letter of recommendation from the education manager. (This secret book should cover the applicant’s academic achievement, character / personality, and future abilities.) There is no limit to the number of pages or style. If your former education manager knows exactly who you are, you can ask him or her for a letter of recommendation.
- Registration certificate or letter of entry. In the event that the entrance exam has not been held, or that the candidates for the entrance examination will not be announced before applying for this bursary, write down the scheduled examination date or announcement. the result below the application form. If you are already enrolled in a graduate school, please provide a current enrollment certificate. (Copies are accepted.)
One letter of recommendation from the education manager. (This secret book should cover the applicant’s
- academic achievement, character / personality, and future abilities.) There is no limit to the number of pages or style. If your former education manager knows exactly who you are, you can ask him or her for a letter of recommendation.
- 1, 4 & 5: Please prepare those texts in Japanese OR English. If you have your text in other languages, please attach a Japanese or English translation.
(2) Once the documents have been submitted, the application number will be issued, and a PDF of your application form will be created. Please save the PDF file as you will need it when the result is announced on our website.
To learn more about the Honjo International Scholarship Foundation Foreign Scholarships, please visit the official website: