The Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarship is open to international students from around the world who are interested in conducting postdoctoral research at the Oesterreichische Nationalbank (OeNB) for the 2022-2023 academic year. Each Scholarship recipient receives a consultation fee under the scope of the consulting service. The fee must not exceed EUR 10,000 for the entire Scholarship period.
Oesterreichische Nationalbank (OeNB) has replaced the economic research awards presented by its Department of Economic Analysis and Research with the newly launched “Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarship”. The Bursary provides an opportunity for outstanding researchers to contribute to a variety of research activities in the OeNB’s Economic Analysis and Research Department by providing consultative services.
The Scholarship program is aimed at Austrian and international professionals with a proven economic and financial research record and post-doctoral research experience. Applicants must work at a research center in Austria or abroad and should be interested in expanding their research space and expanding their research networks in an area that increases international research flow.
- OIST Internship in Japan 2022-23 | Fully Funded
- CRG Spain Summer Internship Program 2022 Fully Funded
- Harbin institute of technology csc scholarship 2022
Summary of Scholarship
- Reading Level: Postdoctoral
- Institutions: Oesterreichische Nationalbank (OeNB)
- Read in: Austria
- Opportunity Focus Areas: Economics and Finance
- Duration: 3-6 months
- Deadline: October 31, 2022
The Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarship provides the recipient with the following benefits:
- Each Scholarship recipient receives a consultation fee under the scope of the consulting service. The amount must not exceed EUR 10,000 for the entire Scholarship period (additional tax amount). This amount will cover all bursary claims from the OeNB.
- If communication services are below the value-added tax, the consultation fee will be increased by the applicable sales tax rate (currently 20%).
Note: The Scholarship recipient pays for his or her place of residence during the consultation process. OeNB will assist the recipient in finding accommodation in Vienna if possible.
Qualifications for the Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarship
To qualify for the Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarship, the following points should be considered:
- Required Language: English.
- Eligible Countries: All countries of the world
- Qualified persons must complete a PhD or equivalent degree and publish the work and conduct scientific research in the fields specified in the Scholarship application form.
- Applicants can be of any nationality and there is no age limit.
- Only applications from natural persons will be accepted. It is not possible to apply for more than one scholarship under the Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarship.
- Eligible candidates will be well-known experts with a proven track record in economic research and will be well integrated into their research community.
- Applicants must provide proof of effective performance at the research institution at the time of application and at the time of the Scholarship.
- Applicants who have received a Scholarship under the scheme will not be able to re-apply. Requests for renewal will not be accepted.
- Employees of the European Central Bank or other central banks in the European System of Central Banks (ESCB) are not eligible for Scholarships.
- Sky Global Internship Program 2023
How do you apply for the Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarship?
Please follow the application process for the Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarship.
(1) Provide the following documents and information:
- Incentive letter, which includes an indication of the time intended for the consultant.
Suggested contact details
- Description of current research topics and activities
- Recent Listing (or Release List)
- Names of two references that OeNB can contact for more information about the applicant.
- Proof of basic income (contract of employment with the applicant’s local institution) during the Scholarship, i.e. consultation period at OeNB.
- Certificate from the local Scholarship, i.e. the provision of consultation services
- The applicant does not violate the applicant’s employment contract with the local institution.
To find out more about the Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarship, please visit our official website: