Start your study journey in Australia. Applications for the Sydney Scholars Awards are currently open. In this article we will explain more about this bursary, its benefits and the step-by-step application process.
The Sydney Scholars Awards 2022-2023 is a bursary funded in part by international students. These courses are offered undergraduate courses at the University of Sydney, Australia. The Sydney Scholars Award is worth $ 6,000 and can be valid for one year of graduation.
The objective of the USydIS is to attract top quality international postgraduate students to undertake research projects which will enhance the University’s research activities.
Summary of Scholarship
- Study Level: Undergraduate
- Institutions: University of Sydney
- Read in: Australia
- Opportunity Focus Areas: Click here for all available programs.
- Program Period: One year
- Deadline: September 30, 2022
- The Sydney Scholars Award is worth $ 6,000 and can be valid for one year of graduation.
- The Scholarship will be paid in two equal installments after the calculation date of each semester.
- Scholarship start can be postponed for up to two years. Sancellation of Scholarship is not permitted without the prior approval of the Scholarship Office.
- Scholarship is transferred to another undergraduate degree at the University of Sydney. Permission to transfer a bursary must be sought from the Scholarships Office.
Conditions of Eligibility for Sydney Scholars Award
To qualify for the Sydney Scholars Award, a candidate must meet all of the following requirements:
- Required Language: English.
- Eligible Countries: All countries of the world
- Be a home student (this includes New Zealand citizens), or an international student who recently graduated with an International Baccalaureate (or HSC equivalent degree)
- Apply for approval by UAC
- You have won an ATAR of 95 or higher (if you apply to the Sydney Conservatorium of Music or the Sydney
- Dental School you must obtain an ATAR of 90 or higher)
- Apply for the year you complete your secondary education (if you are awarded the Sydney Scholars Award, you can postpone it for two years).
How do you apply for the Sydney Scholars Awards?
Please follow the following application instructions at the Sydney Scholars Awards:
Subscribe to our YouTube channel to receive the step-by-step application process
(1) Research: The Sydney Scholars Awards provide opportunities for 12-year-old or equivalent students, starting their studies in 2022 to apply for a $ 6,000 p.a. (Domestic ^ and international high school graduates in Australia) and are detained for one year. Scholarships will be awarded to students who receive an ATAR of 95 to 99.85 (combined) or equivalent in accordance with the personal statement. You need the University of Sydney to be listed as one of your favorites during the application period, namely April 2022 to January 2023. Please note that if you do not include one of our courses, we will not be able to access your ATAR. , and will not be able to offer you a scholarship. Scholarships will be awarded to successful applicants enrolled in any University of Sydney undergraduate degree.
^ Home students – Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen or holder of permanent visa.
(2) Get advice: It is important that you speak with your parents and the school about your application and seek their advice. Let them know about your study options and make sure you meet the requirements. Seeking the advice of your teachers and parents will also be helpful in developing your own statement. You have a group of people around you who know you well, so take full advantage of it.
(3) Involve: At the University of Sydney, we look for students from all over the world who demonstrate leadership skills and involvement in school, community and after-school activities. Keep track of your involvement and tell us what you were doing as all activities are important. To complete the Sydney Student Awards may be considered for a series of scholarships, many of which will explore your leadership skills and out-of-school participation. For more information please here.
(4) Additional considerations: If you would like to be considered for reasons of difficulty, or are applying for equity bursaries, be sure to go online and do some research. To be considered, you need to submit an application for the Sydney Scholars Award to the University of Sydney, and submit an Equity Scholarship application through UAC.
(5) Personal Statement: It is important to provide a Personal Statement to support your application. Your Personal Statement is your introduction to the University, our opportunity to know and guide your goals and achievements. It is a good idea to keep your personal statement as a separate document that you can copy and paste into web form. There are six questions in the Personal Statement, please note that each answer has a limit of 1000 characters.
(6) Submit: Once you are ready, you can proceed and submit your request. If you wish to review your application, do not worry, you can! Just resubmit the updated request to us. No changes or requests can be sent after the closing date. We will use your latest request as your final submission. You will be sent a confirmation email once you have successfully submitted your request.
To find out more about the Sydney Scholars Awards, please visit the official website: